Tailor Made Bereavement Training
We can deliver any of our study days or continuing professional development sessions at your organisation. Alternatively we can tailor training to meet the particular needs of your organisation or group and work closely with you to make sure that your aims are met. In this way, you and your organisation can be confident that the training will cover all identified aims and learning objectives.
Recent clients include:
- Youth Offending Institution
- Private Schools
- Social services departments and health professionals
- Police family liaison officers
- Teachers & Learning Mentors in primary and secondary education
- Voluntary organisations
- Youth workers
Subjects presented are based directly on our practical experience of supporting bereaved children and their families and include:
- Factors affecting children’s grief
- developmental understanding
- age at time of death
- types of death (for example, sudden and expected)
- time since death
- bereavement by violence (for example, murder and suicide)
- traumatic bereavement
- cultural influences.
- Talking to children about death and dying
- supporting bereaved children and their families
- supporting children and families facing life-threatening illness
- involvement in funerals and funeral rites
- Interventions with bereaved children
- individual work
- practical and creative ideas
- group work
- residential group work.
- Service development
- establishing services for bereaved children
- developing services
- Models and theoretical background
- current understanding of children and grief
For more information, please contact us on 01242 546164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively complete and return the training request form.
Click on the link on the right to download a summary of our Tailor Made Training.
- Back to top