Winston's Wish Conferences & Seminars
Each year, our experienced practitioners take part in many conferences and seminars as guest speakers and workshop leaders.
For example, we have contributed to the following events:
- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen Families Association Conference - October 2009
- Education Conference - October 2010
- Children's Palliative & End of Life Care Conference - February 2011
- IAPS Annual Conference - September 2012
- Mental Health Conference - November 2012
- CRUSE Conference - April 2013
- CBN Conference - May 2013
Subjects presented are based directly on our practical experience of supporting bereaved children and their families and include:
- Factors affecting children’s grief
- developmental understanding
- age at time of death
- types of death (for example, sudden and expected)
- time since death
- bereavement by violence (for example, murder and suicide)
- traumatic bereavement
- cultural influences.
- Talking to children about death and dying
- supporting bereaved children and their families
- supporting children and families facing life-threatening illness
- involvement in funerals and rituals.
- Interventions with bereaved children
- individual work
- practical and creative ideas
- group work
- residential group work.
- Service development
- establishing services for bereaved children
- developing services
- Models and theoretical background
- current understanding of children and grief
- research findings.
For more information – and to discuss how we may contribute to your conference or seminar – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Back to top