What is a Tribute?
• a beautiful online ‘memory box’ in tribute to your loved one
• shows the total of any funds raised in their name
• easy to create and update
• each new Tribute receives a Winston’s Wish candle
A Tribute is your own individual website where friends and family, near or far, can share special memories, support each other, and celebrate a loved one’s life in a very personal way. It can hold photos, music, videos or memories – like an online memory box – it is also possible to light a candle, make donations or use the page for events and fundraising.
A Tribute also shows the total raised in your loved one’s name, so that everyone who has contributed can see what they have achieved. Any money raised will create a lasting legacy of life-changing impact for bereaved children and their families.
What can I do with a Tribute?
Once you have created a Tribute, your loved one’s family and friends will be able to:
• light a candle, add stories or upload photos, videos and music
• see any money raised in their memory in one place
• make a regular monthly donation or at a special time of year
• create events and fundraise on the Tribute
• link to other fundraising pages (eg. JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving)
How do I create a Tribute?
It is really quick and easy to create a Tribute – just visit remembering.winstonswish.org.uk/CreateMemorial. You will then be taken through a simple step-by-step set-up process. You have the choice to allow public or password-only access to your Tribute and you can have control over what is uploaded.
How does a Tribute support bereaved children?
Any money raised through your Tribute will enable Winston’s Wish to continue providing bereaved children, families and professionals with a range of practical support services and guidance. Our services give bereaved families the opportunity to talk about and make sense of what has happened, to meet with our professionally qualified clinical practitioners and to meet others in a similar situation. We provide professional therapeutic help in individual, group, and residential settings via our national helpline, interactive website and publications.
How will Winston’s Wish support my Tribute?
- The In Memory Team at Winston’s Wish will provide you with any help you may need to set up and update your Tribute, or support for fundraising events and activities.
- When you create a Tribute you will receive a welcome pack and a Winston’s Wish candle, which you could light to mark special anniversaries.
- We will also stay in touch with a regular newsletter.
If you would like help supporting a bereaved child, our Family Services Team are available on the Winston’s Wish Freephone Helpline – 08088 020 021.
For more information, or help with your Tribute page, please call 01242 515157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.