We truly appreciate your support for bereaved children and their families at this time. Giving in memory of your loved one is an amazing way to celebrate their life, keep memories alive and create a positive impact for the future.
If you are planning a funeral, we can help you to:
For more information about making a donation in memory of someone who has died.
Find out more about creating an online memory box for your loved one, where friends and family, near or far, can share special memories, support each other and celebrate a loved one’s life in a very personal way. It is free to create and can hold photos, music, videos or stories – like an online memory box – it is also possible to light a candle, make donations or use the page for events and fundraising.
For information about setting up a regular gift in memory of your loved one.
View our Fundraising in Memory booklet with lots of ideas for ways to raise money to support bereaved children – from skydiving to bake sales
If you are a funeral director, crematorium or other bereavement service provider:
All donations made in your loved one’s name will support children and their families, who have also lost someone they love.
We can provide a number of resources free of charge to assist you in collecting donations, in lieu of, or as well as flowers at a funeral or memorial service, including:
A funeral notice / donation page
Click here to create a free funeral Tribute page, which can display a funeral notice and enable friends and family to make online donations in memory of your loved one. It can also hold photos, music, videos or stories – like an online memory box. You have the choice to allow public or password-only access to your Tribute and you can share the web address via email before the funeral and/or in the order of service.
These can make gifts in your loved one’s name worth an extra 25p for every pound donated. Email email@example.com and we will get back to you on or before the next working day.
Memorial information card
A personalised A4 memorial information card, with information about Winston’s Wish, how to donate, and how donations will make a difference to bereaved children. Contact us for more details.
To inform friends and family about Winston’s Wish and the impact their support will make. Contact us for more details.
We will also provide you with guidance and a freepost address to make returning cash or cheque donations after the service as quick and simple as possible.
For advice on the best options for you, or to request materials, please call Corinne on 01242 808492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A regular gift to your Tribute can be a wonderful way to mark a special anniversary and a really positive way to celebrate the life of someone you love.
Many families like to mark a special day or occasion with a gift in memory of their loved one. A regular gift builds a lasting legacy of life-changing impact for bereaved children and their families, who have also lost someone they love. These gifts make a positive difference to lives that have been turned upside-down by grief.
A regular gift can also be added to a Tribute, so that you can watch the amount given in memory of your loved one grow month by month or year by year. Click here for more information about Tributes.
What is a Tribute?
• a beautiful online ‘memory box’ in tribute to your loved one
• shows the total of any funds raised in their name
• easy to create and update
• each new Tribute receives a Winston’s Wish candle
A Tribute is your own individual website where friends and family, near or far, can share special memories, support each other, and celebrate a loved one’s life in a very personal way. It can hold photos, music, videos or memories – like an online memory box – it is also possible to light a candle, make donations or use the page for events and fundraising.
A Tribute also shows the total raised in your loved one’s name, so that everyone who has contributed can see what they have achieved. Any money raised will create a lasting legacy of life-changing impact for bereaved children and their families.
What can I do with a Tribute?
Once you have created a Tribute, your loved one’s family and friends will be able to:
• light a candle, add stories or upload photos, videos and music
• see any money raised in their memory in one place
• make a regular monthly donation or at a special time of year
• create events and fundraise on the Tribute
• link to other fundraising pages (eg. JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving)
How will Winston’s Wish support my Tribute?
The In Memory Team at Winston’s Wish will provide you with any help you may need to set up and update your Tribute, or support for fundraising events and activities.
When you create a Tribute you will receive a welcome pack and one of our candles, which you could light to mark special anniversaries.
We will also stay in touch with a regular newsletter.
If you would like help supporting a bereaved child, our Family Services Team are available on the Winston’s Wish Freephone Helpline – 08088 020 021.
For more information, or help with your Tribute page, please call 01242 515157 or email email@example.com
How do I create a Tribute?
It is really quick and easy to create a Tribute – just visit remembering.winstonswish.org.uk/CreateMemorial. You will then be taken through a simple step-by-step set-up process. You have the choice to allow public or password-only access to your Tribute and you can have control over what is uploaded.
How does a Tribute support bereaved children?
Any money raised through your Tribute will enable Winston’s Wish to continue providing bereaved children, families and professionals with a range of practical support services and guidance. Our services give bereaved families the opportunity to talk about and make sense of what has happened, to meet with our professionally qualified clinical practitioners and to meet others in a similar situation. We provide professional therapeutic help in individual, group, and residential settings via our national helpline, interactive website and publications.
We recognise that processing funeral gifts is no small task for a church or funeral director and we appreciate the time that you spend in enabling families to make a lasting impact by supporting bereaved children in memory of their loved one.
We can provide a number of resources free of charge to assist you in administering funeral donations, including:
These can make gifts worth an extra 25p for every pound donated. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you on or before the next working day.
A funeral notice / donation page
Click here to create a free funeral Tribute page, which can display a funeral notice and enable friends and family of the bereaved to make online donations. You can hand ownership of this page over to the family at a later date.
Memorial information card
An A4 display card, with information about Winston’s Wish, how family and friends can donate, and how donations will make a difference to bereaved children. Contact us for more details.
We can also provide a Freepost address to make returning cash or cheque donations after the service as quick and simple as possible.
• Click here to request an information pack, including leaflets about our services, publications & resources and Tribute websites.
• Click here to view and buy memory boxes, other bereavement resources and award-winning publications. You may wish to order resources for your own use or to offer to families as an extra support. Order by post or online.
• Click here to request an A3 glossy poster with information about our services. For display in offices or waiting areas.
• Please share our freephone national Helpline number – 08088 020 021 – with anyone you feel would benefit from speaking to a member of our family services team.
• Our ‘Ask’ service is available for anyone looking for a direct response to any question about supporting grieving children, at www.winstonswish.org.uk/supporting-you/ask-a-question or email email@example.com.
• Click here to find out more about CSR fundraising and volunteering opportunities
• Click here to find out more about joining or nominating the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management Recycling of Metals Scheme
• Please consider nominating Winston’s Wish to benefit from your next memorial service. If you would like information, posters or banners to display at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org